Management of Risks and Practices in Healthcare (MORPH) project aimed to identify trends and practices in healthcare institutions and to increase awareness of risk management among practitioners and professionals across Europe.
In order to equip practitioners and professionals involved in healthcare with the necessary basic risk-management skills, the following products were developed: The contents and methods are focused on implementing best practice training and can easily be adapted and transferred to different contexts and different training systems. The produced material is presented in a user-friendly way and shows the usefulness of learning in the workplace and through cooperation among different systems in Europe. It is designed in a way that everyone can both learn and be more informed about the subject. The interdisciplinary approach of vocational training, collaboration between private enterprise and public sector health providers is also innovative and together with research the project provides new knowledge in a growing field and in an area that has remained one of the greatest national priorities in each country. Seminars are now arranged by Interesource Group delivered by medico-legal experts available to all professionals in the healthcare sector.
The project was selected as one of Leonardo da Vinci’s Best Practice projects in 2002.
- Division of Legal & Forensic Medicine, University College Dublin, Ireland
- Healthcare Association, Sofia, Bulgaria
- The Foundation for the Promotion of Entrepreneurship, Lodz, Poland
- Department of Medical Physics, University of Dundee, Scotland, UK
- an edited book with country-specific reviews, transnational results from a survey and effective-practice case studies
- an interactive CD-Rom comprising an e-learning tool and video interviews;
- a multilingual website and discussion forum; a DVD video documentary on clinical risk management and a series of information leaflets.